Creating an Open-Source, Web Monetized Prototypr Platform
This is an open source, living documention on the development of the Prototypr Grant for The Web Project: "Democratising Design Education with a Web Monetized Publishing Platform". Here you'll find the steps we're taking to build our Web Monetized publishing platform from the ground up - everything from creating the front-end website and the back-end content management system, to deploying the app in the cloud. You'll be able to learn how to build your own, or even fork your own version of ours!
Read the Announcement article to find out more about this open source project.
✨ This flagship project will develop Prototypr as an inclusive and open source Web Monetized publishing platform for designers, that rewards contributors whilst democratising design education by providing openly accessible, quality content across different cultures.
- Why Web Monetization
- Front-end built with Next.js
- Back-end CMS with Strapi.io
- Authentication with social logins such as Twitter and GitHub
- Deployment on Vercel and Digital Ocean App Platform
- How accessibility, internationalisation and localisation are considered
- Design decisions along the way
This is a living document that will be updated as new features are added. The project will also be released under MIT license for you to copy, reuse and build upon.